12/19 Friday One Hour Early Release 1:50pm
12/22-1/2 Winter Break
1/8 Thursday FASFA Night 3:30 - 8pm RBHS Library Parents attend with students
1/17 Saturday Saturday School 9 - noon
1/22 Thursday FASFA Night 3pm-7pm RBHS Library Parents attend with students
1/28 Wednesday FASFA Night 3pm-5:30pm RBHS Library Parents attend with students
Many Scholarship Deadlines are approaching visit the Counselor's Corner Blog or visit the counseling office for a copy of a list of available Scholarships.December 8, 2014 | Contact: (206) 252-6350
Mon. Dec. 15th
Tues. Dec. 16th
Var. Boy Basketball v. Chief Sealth 7:30
JV Boys Basketball v. Chief Sealth 5:45
Wed. Dec. 17th
Var. Girls Basketball v. Chief Sealth 7:30
JV Girls Basketball v. Chief Sealth 5:45
Thur. Dec. 18th
Var. Wrestling @ Ballard v. Ballard, Lakeside 6:00
Fri. Dec. 19th
Var. Boys Basketball v. Lakeside 8:00
Var. Girls Basketball v. lakeside 6:30
JV. Boys Basketball v. Lakeside 5:00
JV Girls Basketball v. Lakeside 3:30
Sat. Dec. 20th
Var. Wrestling West Seattle Invite Wrestling Start @ 9:00
C Team Basketball v. Lakeside 12:00
Last week RBHS students and staff were invited to participate in a week of introspection and justice-driven action through a student-designed campaign titled, MY LIFE MATTERS. Students and staff joined in Positivity Circles, Community Court, Discussion Circles, Chalk Out, Story Booth, and a lunch-time Justice Jam.
KPLU reported on Friday's Justice Jam. The full story is linked here. Below are excerpts from the KPLU story.
Listen: Seattle High Schoolers Vent About Racial Issues At Open-Mic Session
Join us January 8th, 22nd, 28th 2014 in the RBHS Library to receive support with filing the FAFSA. College Goal Washington is all about helping you file your FAFSA and better understand the steps you need to take to get cash for college. Put your hands on some cash by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). These events give you and your family free, on-site professional help with the FAFSA and other financial aid applications so you can get money for college. The FAFSA is the single-most important application for financial aid. It is required for most scholarships, grants, and loans. These events last from 1.5 to 5 hours. You may complete your FAFSA in as little as 30 minutes, but we allow enough time for you to get the assistance you need. All events are staffed by volunteers and experts to help you and your family fill out the FAFSA and apply for other forms of financial aid.
Things You’ll Need to Fill Out the FAFSA:
· Your Social Security Card/Number or Alien Registration Card
You will not be able to start the FAFSA process without one of these
· Your Driver’s License or Identification Card
· Your Income Information Bank statements, a W-2 or Pay Stub, or Past Tax Return
· Your Parent, if You Are Under 24 - All students over 24 are considered independent from their parents. The FAFSA will help you determine if you are considered dependent or independent if you are younger than 24. Only dependents need to file parent information.
· Your Parent’s Financial Information - Bank statements, a W-2 or Pay Stub, or Past Tax Return
· Your Parent’s Social Security Number, if they have one
· Additional Financial Information - Examples include child support statements, TANF or welfare information, real estate, stock or bonds investments, family business or farm info.
Things to Know
· You can use last year’s tax return to estimate your current tax information and submit the FAFSA. If you do this, you will update and make corrections after you file your taxes.
· You must be a US citizen or legal resident to submit a FAFSA. However, your parents do not need to be citizens or legal residents
College application season is upon us. South Seattle College offers all graduating Cleveland, Rainier Beach, and Chief Sealth seniors a tuition-free first year of college. Whether students are seeking a Transfer Degree (Associates Degree) or Professional and Technical Degree, they are guaranteed a full-time status, tuition-free year. Our goal for this program is to contribute in the efforts to ensuring that 100% of our partner high school seniors seek and attain a post high school education.
Our services offer students free COMPASS testing (transferable to all Seattle Colleges, Bellevue College, Shoreline College, Highline College, and any college that uses the COMPASS as a placement test), financial aid completion, COMPASS training and retesting, registration help and an intensive summer bridge program. Students who participate in all activities and complete the 13th Year Promise Scholarship Program are guaranteed free tuition for their first academic year at South.
If you have any questions or need any more information about South Seattle Community College or the 13th Year Promise Scholarship Program, please feel free to contact Chanell Sagon. Office hours at Rainier Beach High School will be Tuesdays in the Resource Center from 8:30am-3pm.